Sunday, July 5

Two feelings at the mountain...


Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God… Psalms 90:1

On a short voyage to the remote niches of a mountain range, I saw sights that fascinated me. Towering above us, mountains point to things we cannot see. Moreover, climbing on a mountain, we see things that others cannot see. Our perspective changes during a climb. As a mountain range unfolds the beauty, it also isolates us from the crowd, the plains and the conventional. What surprised me is the great enormity of the vastness of the Himalayan meadows. Eyes cannot go tired and mind cannot fathom the immensity of nature and her green calling.
At the peak of the mountain trail, there were two instant feelings that stormed me. “Yes, I have done it!” is the sentence that I whispered many times. Nevertheless, another question that came out of my heart was a simple one, “Yet, what has all this climb taught me?” The vast panorama that seems to span the whole world gave me a breathtaking view. Up there, there is the howling noise of the chilled winds and sometimes the cold silence. The green meadows gave way to the brown stones. Then came the black granite fortresses covered with ice and snow. What a sight! And I say that I am insignificant in comparison with all the grandeur of God created nature around me.
When I am so bemused at the opulence of the God’s creation, can I connect to God’s presence through these experiences...?


Photo Location: Himalayan panorama on the way to Roopkund

***

No comments:

Followers